Association Members - Log into the forum to see the main sections and post messages; only the For Sale and Wanted sections are available to non members to read

Large galvanised boat unbraked trailer for fin-keel boat: For Sale: (See full description)

Buy or sell Equipment to Leisure Yacht owners here - free for 6 months. Members can post adverts directly, non members may e-mail adverts to administrator@leisureowners.org.uk

Moderator: Colin Shead

watto
Member-North
Name: Tony Watson
Region: North
Boat Name: Flying Fox
Yacht Type: Leisure 23SL

Large galvanised boat unbraked trailer for fin-keel boat: For Sale: (See full description)

Post by watto » 19 Aug 2020, 16:16

I have the following trailer listed on eBay (auction), but if a member of the Association wants it, I am willing to let it go for what I paid for it (if you are a Leisure Owners Association member, please contact me via the Private Message facility of the Forum).

Please read the description - it's a bit longwinded, but I wanted to provide a full and truthful description for anyone interested in the trailer. I can provide more photos if necessary, and viewing can be arranged.

If anyone fancies it, please contact me personally, then if it's purchase I can remove it from eBay.

Thanks.

Note! Note! Note! Note!

BEFORE I DESCRIBE THIS TRAILER, PLEASE NOTE THAT THE LIGHTING BOARD IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE SALE!

There's a bit of a story behind this boat trailer and why I originally purchased it.

I actually purchased it about 9 months ago from a guy who had had it custom made by Tyrone Snell Trailers in Cornwall for a boat he was looking to purchase and, living near the sea, he 'decided' that he didn't need brakes - so it is an UNBRAKED trailer.

Suspension units fitted give it a carrying capacity of 2000kg and the wheels are 13", 4-stud.

The length of the main part of the trailer is: 2.73m (8' 11.5")

The length of the long A-Frame is: 3.59m (11' 9.5")

Width of trailer, excluding wheels, is: 1.83m (6' 0")

Width of trailer, including wheels, is: 2.2m (7' 3")

So overall length of trailer, including hitch, is approximately 6.35m (20' 10")

The rear extends by another 2.3m (7' 6") to accommodate any excess overhang.

Please note that measurements and dimensions are approximate!

I was told that the trailer was never actually used to carry a boat because his plans changed, and so it was just left sat, unused, in his great big garden - where I collected it from.

So, my original intention for the trailer was to have it upgraded to 3500kg suspension, with braked hubs and 5-stud wheels, because I had hoped to use it for my daughters small yacht. That idea went out of the window when my daughters boat was seriously damaged at the storage yard and is beyond economical repair.

So, here I have a boat trailer that has had little (if any) use, and I now no longer need it - so it has to go!

There is a little rust around the clamp nuts for the rear extension and, as you will note, the wheels are looking a bit tatty and could do with blasting, but the tyres all seem good (I was upgrading to 5-stud, so wasn't bothered about these wheels).

It really is a good trailer, and would be ideal if upgraded to the higher carrying capacity. It could even be converted to be able to carry a bilge-keel yacht, in addition to a fin-keel, with the addition of checker plate over the chassis. Obviously, that's one or the other, NOT both at the same time (well, someone is bound to ask!!).

The trailer is stored at my daughter's farm, near Sheffield, South Yorkshire
I do have more photographs, if anyone is interested.

Questions or to arrange a viewing, please contact me on 07976-533775.

CASH ON COLLECTION, PLEASE!

It is advertised elsewhere.

REMEMBER - THE LIGHTING BOARD IS NOT INCLUDED IN THIS SALE YOU WILL NEED TO BRING YOUR OWN IF YOU PURCHASE (AND YOU WILL NEED A WIDE ONE, WITH EXTRA LONG CABLE!)
Attachments
P6275552.JPG
P6275551.JPG
P6275550.JPG
P6275541.JPG
P6275540.JPG
P6275539.JPG
P6275537.JPG
P6275536.JPG
P6275535.JPG