for sale: L17 mailsail, genoa foresail, boom + cover, mast, roller reefing forestay, cockpit + cabin cushions

Buy or sell Equipment to Leisure Yacht owners here - free for six months. Members can post adverts directly, non-members may e-mail adverts to webmaster@leisureowners.org.uk
daniel-weck
England
Region: South
Boat Name: Candish
Yacht Type: Leisure 17

for sale: L17 mailsail, genoa foresail, boom + cover, mast, roller reefing forestay, cockpit + cabin cushions

Post by daniel-weck »

Hello!

My Leisure 17 was acquired in 2007, and immediately converted to a river / bridge-friendly tabernacle + sliding Gunter gaff rig (wooden mast + spar extension) with roller reefing jib. Perfect for solo sailing on my tidal river, with a pretty tan / red suit of sails from a Drascombe lugger :)

The original Rockall mainsail is Leisure-branded (yellow sunshine logo) with black sail number. The jib/genoa has a blue UV strip. All in good condition, no mould/mildew, minimal wear and tear. I also have the aluminium mast and spreaders, Rotostay foresail roller furling / reefing, shrouds, blue boom cover, etc. All has been in dry storage ever since the L17 was purchased, "just in case" it needed to be restored to its original configuration.

I have now decided to sell anything surplus to requirements, in order to fund the maintenance of my adapted L17. I am based in Lewes, East Sussex (nearby coastal towns: Brighton, Newhaven, Eastbourne). My stomping ground also includes the Tunbridge Wells / Crowborough / Uckfield area.

I posted pictures and details below.

I will need to figure out fair asking prices for each individual item. Sorry for being vague at this moment in time, I just wanted to give advance notice to those of you potentially interested.

Please register your interest by responding to this thread, or by sending me a private message. I will reply as best I can so as to not waste your time.

PS: I will probably also advertise my full set of original brown cockpit + cabin cushions, which I never use (they have always been stored in my dry / insulated loft). I will create a separate thread when I get the time. Feel free to let me know if this sounds like something you would be interested in as well.

Thank you for reading this far! :)
Last edited by daniel-weck on 03 Oct 2021, 18:11, edited 2 times in total.
daniel-weck
England

Re: for sale: L17 mailsail + jib/genoa sail (also mast, boom and cover ... possibly cockpit and cabin cushions too!)

Post by daniel-weck »

Boom / mainsail cover photos (click the link to access the album):

https://photos.app.goo.gl/daqWUTepmiSVvGPp9

As you can see from the pictures, the blue canvas is in great condition, apart from a few small edge areas which have some wear / damage.
There is some loose cross stitching in places, so this will need strengthening / repairing at some point.
The fixings are otherwise in good condition (metal hooks, eyelets and elastic cord).

Approximate dimensions:

Length (boom coverage) 2.6m
Height (mast coverage) 0.9m
Attachments
IMG_20210927_151029~2.jpg
(626.44 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
daniel-weck
England

Re: for sale: L17 mailsail + jib/genoa sail (also mast, boom and cover ... possibly cockpit and cabin cushions too!)

Post by daniel-weck »

Battened mainsail photos (click the link to access the album):

https://photos.app.goo.gl/n782QVCBC9kLoWme7

Sail number 954
Made by Rockall (Bosham)

All 3x battens included (not photographed)
All mast track sliders included (see pictures)

I never used this mainsail myself (see my full description above for some background information), but the sail canvas feels nice and crisp, I suspect the sail hadn't been used a lot by the previous owner (i.e. pre 2007).

Approximate dimensions:

Leech (head to clew) 5.7m-5.8m
Luff (head to tack) 4.4m-4.5m
Foot (clew to tack) 2.2m
Attachments
IMG_20210927_151610~2.jpg
(1.61 MiB) Downloaded 107 times
Last edited by daniel-weck on 13 Oct 2021, 08:34, edited 1 time in total.
daniel-weck
England

Post by daniel-weck »

Jib/genoa sail photos (click the link to access the album):

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pFxMKMa6s76LKrLX6

I have not used this foresail myself (see my full description above for some background information). The sail canvas feels like it hasn't stretched much since new, the UV strip looks like it has life left in it too. This genoa is for a roller reefing system, not hanked on.

Approximate dimensions:

Leech (head to clew) 5.8m
Luff (head to tack) 5.7m
Foot (clew to tack) 3m
Attachments
IMG_20210927_153319~2.jpg
(4.01 MiB) Downloaded 106 times
Last edited by daniel-weck on 13 Oct 2021, 08:34, edited 1 time in total.
Barnacle
England
Region: South West
Boat Name: Barnacle

Post by Barnacle »

Hi Daniel

I would be interested in the mainsail

Pls txt me on 07464 412381 to discuss

Thks

James
daniel-weck
England

Re: for sale: L17 mailsail, genoa foresail, boom + cover, mast, roller reefing forestay, cockpit + cabin cushions

Post by daniel-weck »

I took a few pictures of the mast + forestay (roller reefing / furling, Rotostay), and attached shrouds. The spreaders are included too (not photographed). I have the turnbuckles as well. I believe I have the full backstay, including the wire cable "fork" (to be confirmed).

Note that the mast step "swivel" is broken (see photos), but I am providing a tabernacle-style replacement. This is a solid aluminium piece (twin sheaves) hinged on a thick stainless steel metal plate (4 holes for bolts/screws into the deck, above the compression post). I surface-prepared and sprayed the alloy block with a quality acid etch primer (matt grey). The twin sheaves are free-wheeling as they should, by the way. The stainless bracket base and bolt/nut are bare metal. The whole unit is heavy and stronger than the original Leisure 17 mast foot.

This has been kept in dry storage since 2007, hooked up the ceiling of our club boathouse. The standing riging is covered in dust, but has been kept completely dry.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bioCkJzEDWvZbdU1A
Attachments
IMG_20211003_155322~2.jpg
(471.07 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Last edited by daniel-weck on 13 Oct 2021, 08:32, edited 4 times in total.
jonsholland
England
Region: North
Boat Name: MoJo
Other Boat Type: Gp14

Re: for sale: L17 mailsail, genoa foresail, boom + cover, mast, roller reefing forestay, cockpit + cabin cushions

Post by jonsholland »

Hi have you still got items for sale? Thanks
daniel-weck
England

Post by daniel-weck »

Hello, yes, are you interested in something in particular?
Regards, Daniel
jonsholland
England

Post by jonsholland »

Reefing forstay and cockpit cushions
jonsholland
England

Post by jonsholland »

My mobile is +447598444185 if you want to WhatsApp
Pender
Scotland
Region: Scotland
Boat Name: Milestone

Post by Pender »

HI
WOULD BE INTERESTED IN CABIN CUSHIONS IF IN GOOD CONDITION
I BELIEVE THEY ARE BROWN WITH WHITE PIPING?
I WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF YOU CAN SEND ME PHOTOS AT YOUR EARLIEST CONVENIENCE

I am located in Scotland but understand I would pay for all mail charges

Thanks
Bill
daniel-weck
England

Post by daniel-weck »

Hi Bill, thank you for your message. You are the third person to register interest, so please understand that I will offer the courtesy of first refusal in order of appearance, so to speak :)
I will do my best to get everything photographed this week.
Pender
Scotland
Region: Scotland
Boat Name: Milestone

Post by Pender »

Thank you
Look forward to hearing from you

Regards
BILL
daniel-weck
England

Post by daniel-weck »

Update: I am now providing a tabernacle-style mast step replacement (see photo album linked in my previous post). This is a solid aluminium piece (twin sheaves) hinged on a thick stainless steel metal base (4 holes for bolts/screws into the deck, above the compression post). I surface-prepared and sprayed the alloy block with a quality acid etch primer (matt grey). The stainless bracket and bolt/nut are bare metal. See photo album.
Last edited by daniel-weck on 13 Oct 2021, 08:36, edited 1 time in total.
daniel-weck
England

Post by daniel-weck »

I added several photos of the hinged mast foot / step:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/bioCkJzEDWvZbdU1A

The silver surface prep is acid etch primer sprayed on the aluminium block and twin sheaves (which are free-wheeling as they should, by the way). The whole unit is heavy and stronger than the original Leisure 17 mast base.