Your articles, stories and pictures please for the next edition of LeisureTime, send to editor@leisureowners.org.uk

Leisure 17 shared ownership...

Leisure Yachts for Sale,
Advertise a Leisure Yacht here for free. Members can post adverts directly, non-members may e-mail adverts to webmaster@leisureowners.org.uk
riskywombat
England
Yacht Type: Leisure 17

Leisure 17 shared ownership...

Post by riskywombat »

Morning all,

Frustratingly I've just found out I'm loosing the facility to store my L17 so am looking at options. Currently the boat is near the Hamble, Southampton.

For the last few years I've had a very good deal however sadly the cost of storing it now outweighs the benefits of keeping it.

I'm considering selling but before I do I want to test the water with the idea of shared ownership to see if anyone would be interested.

So it's a L17 in good condition which I've had for about 2-3 years now. Lives on a substantial two ton twin axle trailer (being twin axle makes it balance for solo launching on a rope).

I have two outboards at the moment, one 4hp two stroke Mariner sail drive but also a four stroke 6hp with external fuel tank.

She's ready to sail with main sail, genoa, smaller jib and an even smaller "storm sail". Fenders, lines etc. Hull was sanded and painted with two part epoxy primer and hard antifoul last year. Depth sounder fitted and I'm working on installing some basic electrics with MPPT solar charger, battery and small solar panel (not yet installed).

I'm flexible where it's (eventually kept), I live in South London so anywhere roughly 2hrs drive seems reasonable (South Coast?).

Options included entering into shared ownership or alternatively just sharing storage costs in exchange for use of the boat. I'm happy to have a realistic conversation if anyone's interested.

My limited research suggests that storage costs are looking like £1000 a year (currently paying £120!). If anyone has some alternative ideas that would be great, anyone with a farm who has an unused corner of their yard?!

Thanks in advance!