Association Members - Log into the forum to see the main sections and post messages; only the For Sale and Wanted sections are available to non members to read

Parts

Buy or sell Equipment to Leisure Yacht owners here - free for 6 months. Members can post adverts directly, non members may e-mail adverts to administrator@leisureowners.org.uk

Moderator: Colin Shead

Ady Playford
Member-South
Name: Andy Playford
Region: South
Boat Name: Sway
Yacht Type: Leisure 23SL

Parts

Post by Ady Playford » Mon May 06, 2019 8:59 pm

Anybody know where I can purchase a new tiler and a new metal band that runs around the top part of the bow. Had a collision in my leisure 23sl

Many thanks

greemble
Name: Greg Newton
Region: Broads
Boat Name: Taifun
Yacht Type: Leisure 23

Re: Parts

Post by greemble » Wed May 15, 2019 10:37 pm

Yes.
Well, tillers, at least. you can find the details for Hurst Marine in the Suppliers & Parts (including Pennants) Information
Close to the Edge, Down by the River

robin44
Member-South
Name: Robin Stringfellow
Region: South
Boat Name: Chalkie
Yacht Type: Leisure 23SL

Post by robin44 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:32 am

Hi Andy-only just noticed your post re bow band-asked a similar question a few months ago,no response.So made a template and used a 12x2x1/8"brass plate with four screw holes countersunk and fitted it easily with no nails glue plus four brass screws into pre-drilled holes.Now all polished up and sets off a gun as we pass the RYS!Cost £12.If this is of any interest,contact me-have kept the mild steel proforma.'Chalkie',our Leisure 23sl is moored on the Medina river. regards,Robin.

Colin Shead
Honorary-Member
Name: Colin Shead
Region: East
Boat Name: Toodle Pip
Yacht Type: Other
Other Boat Type: Moody 28

Post by Colin Shead » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:18 am

Hi Andy

The original band was made in polished stainless steel, more difficult to work than brass, but doesn't tarnish like brass when it gets soaked in sea water.

All the best Colin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic